How much do I love my new Mac? So much that simply could no longer stand to use my PC laptop, and am now the proud owner of a MacBook Pro computer in addition to the desktop Mac. I bought it on my way home from a meeting in San Antonio. Impulsive enough for ya?
I do have a few peeves, however:
- You can only resize windows from the lower right corner, unlike in Windows, where you can resize from any corner and any side. I hope Apple fixes this in Leopard.
- Remote access is pretty weak. I used GoToMyPC all the time, and loved it. It even allowed me to use a Mac to log onto my home PC. Unfortunately there's no Mac version, so I'm relegated to Vine Server. It's adequate, but not very friendly, and it won't force my entire desktop into my laptop window - I have to auto-scroll to move across the desktop.
- There's no (at least I think there's no) way to view thumbnails or previews of images in directory windows. I miss this when placing a graphic from a long list of files.
- I can't reliably tab my way to pop-up menus. I can never do it in Firefox - I can occasionally do it in Safari. I'm used to rapidly filling out forms without moving my hands from the keyboard, but I nearly always have to go back and manually select the "state", and any other pop-ups. Update: I found a fix for this!.
- The MacBook Pro battery SUCKS. I mean really, seriously sucks. I get 2.5 hours, tops.
Not a bad list - all very fixable with software with the exception of the battery. I can't imagine how long a list of PC/Microsoft complaints would be...